Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Creations- Emily

Emily is great soccer player and after some ravelry searches this pattern fit perfectly. Little did I realize how much of an undertaking this was. It's made out of 20 white hexagons and 12 black pentagons. Each piece took approximately twenty minutes to make with at let 5 hours of sewing time. The sweet thank you message from her made it very rewarding though.

Because of the crazy amount of time this project took I told myself I wouldn't be making it again for a long while, but there are some definite changes I'd like to do he second time around.

1. Make 1 instead of yarn over. In the pattern there are spots where it says, "p1 between stitches." After searching I couldn't find what this meant. I ended up doing a yarn over in these places which ended up leaving holes. Instead where the pattern says, "p2, p1 between stitches," I would p1 and kfb to increase without leaving holes.
2. Make sure to sew the right sides together. This is a simple tip for better looking edges. The places where it's most prominent that I didn't do this is where the white meets the black and the whip stitch is highly visible.
3. Split up the sewing into small pieces. This way you'll avoid the 5 hour sewing marathon at the end. This would especially help those like me who hate the finishing process by splitting it up into smaller bunches.

Knit Soccer Ball


Soccer Ball Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment