Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Creations- Aunt

One of my aunts asked me to make some baby hats for her. I assumed it was for one of my cousins. So, I set out on a pattern from Michaels Book of Needlecrafts. I bought this book when I was starting knitting to have a multitude of knit and crochet crafts, but now I've realized that I don't like enough of the patterns. This is a book I recommend as a library rental first. Anyway, since my aunt lives on a farm, I wanted to make the blueberry hat. When I did the specified number of increases it looked too small, so I did an extra row of increase. When I finished, the hat ended up being big enough to fit my head. She didn't deserve to be left with just an over sized, albeit cute, hat. I made another hat using a pattern I found on ravelry. This one was knit so it could stretch, but was only big enough to fit an infant. She was thankful for both. Luckily she wanted to use the hats to take pictures of other babies (she's a photographer). I still want to try again someday, but was happy to at least provide a finished product.

Blueberry Baby Hat




Knit Infant Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment