Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Balloon Bunny

I couldn't of been more happy when I found this pattern that combines two things I love: crochet and balloon animals. The pattern can be found here on Lionbrand's site. I do agree with a lot of the comments on Ravelry about it though. People have suggested decreasing stitches to, and increasing after those areas that would later be tied together. The tying was definitely the most frustrating part of this otherwise quick and fun knit.

This project was meant as a Christmas present, last year, for the great miss Dawn, owner of Balloon Inspirations. Once I started the project (which admittedly took a lot longer than I meant it to) I kept waiting until until I finished it to visit again. Once I finally completed the bunny I drove up to see a 'Space for lease' sign hanging in the window of the store. It was empty. I have seen this happen way to often with Kearney's small businesses and it breaks my heart.

On the bright side Dawn's website it still up and running. So, send her a message telling her Andrew sent you, and support Balloon Inspirations.

Purple Knit Bunny & Blue Balloon Bunny


Purl-ple Knitted Bunny :P

No comments:

Post a Comment