Thursday, August 6, 2009

Aluminum Can FAILURE

That's right, it even happens to the best of us. Fortunately it's never a true fail unless you don't learn anything. I've been inspired by aluminum can art and sculptures. It's something Grandpa and I always thought were cool. So, after some major research I finally found a couple sites with great instruction, and one free pattern that I could use. That pattern was fairly easy, and the shark was fun to make, but you HAVE to use the glue that they tell you. First I tried to put him together with Elmer's Ultimate Glue. Before reading the package I tried to put together my shark. Turns out the glue requires moisture and a long drying time that sharky just fell apart and would not allow other glues to adhere. I cut out the pattern and cans again and this time tried my glue lover, hot glue. This seemed to work, until the next day. He fell apart again. Now each day we just tape him up with a new piece falling off each time. So, FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! I've learned my lesson, but had a good experience. I'm going to take a long break from can art, but continue to stay excited for my next venture into the craft.

Aluminum Can Shark

Aluminum Can Airplanes-amazing detail

Tesscar Aluminum Craft-wide selection

Shark Instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment